Re: Major bathroom remodeling
Posted by Terry Love on May 11, 19100 at 23:48:08:
In response to Re: Major bathroom remodeling

: I'm thinking about totally redoing my two tiny (adjacent) full baths in my 1956 home. The big issue is that I want to move both toilets a few feet (They're presently back to back). My house is on a slab, so this will entail cutting through it to access all the pipes.
: Most other work won't entail moving fixtures, but I suspect my vent system may need general upgrading. (I'd love to replace the huge main stack with smaller PVC to thin the wall between the baths to gain more space.
: Before I start having plumbers come out to give me estimates on the rough work, what ball park am I in? Will this extra heavy work add prohibitively to the total cost of the rest of the remodeling job (gutting and replacing everything)?
: I plan to shop for good deals on fixtures, fittings, tile, etc, but I have no idea what kind of budget to set. I was initially thinking in the $5,000-$6,000 per room range.

That would be a good start without breaking into the floors. Check the link below for more info on costs. Terry

Replies to this post
There are none.