Re: Bathtub drain--PLEASE HELP--little more
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP on April 16, 19100 at 09:47:42:
In response to Re: Bathtub drain--PLEASE HELP--little more
:
: : : My bathtub drains VERY slow (1 shower approx. 6 hours) It is not clogged because it has done it before and all of a sudden work and then stop again. But here is the real question, The overflow cover with the switch like thing that suppose to open and close the drain it is just loose, I mean you push it down and goes right back up like it is not connected to anything. I took the cover off and pulled it up the pipe, (I have no idea what it suppose to look like so I am gonna explain) The plate with the toggle thing is connected to a rod that goes down to a spring and that is it, does there suppose to be a stopper or something on the end. If so is there anyway of getting that stopper out. I am so confused. Someone please help me. I dont even know what the pipes (diagram) would look like behind a bathtub. Thank you--Wade

: : Wade,
: : You may have the stopper down there at the bottom. Some tub drains attach the stopper to the rod. Some have a spring at the bottom of the rod, that pushes down on a levered pop-up drain. The levered pop-up drain can be lifted from the lower part of the tub drain. If your is like the picture, you may need to get some wire, bend a hook into it, and fish it out. Terry

: Thank y'all so much , but I still dont understand. Mine is different than the diagram. Mine just has the rod and the spiral spring. I tried the wire with a hook and wiggled it around and didnt hook anything and bring it up. What else could I try. Why cant this be like the really old tubs that you just stuck the stopper in yourself when you didnt want it to drain. I was gonna just call a plumber but didnt really know how to explain so they could give me a estimated cost before they came out so I just got lucky and found this board. I hope y'all can give me some more info. And I really do appreciate y;all willing to help people for free. Thanks

Hj said it right. when you turn the handle on the lever it will raise or lower the stopper. when in the raised position grab the stopper and pull it out. It will have a lot of hair on it. clean it and then it should work normally.Hope this helps.Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.