Re: plastic bath tiles
Posted by Bud..Suncoast Plumbing on April 08, 19100 at 18:22:51:
In response to Re: plastic bath tiles
Jennifer:--You should have no problems in presenting your case. Plastic 4X4 tiles were all the rage after the war (WW-2)but were soon replaced by stamped Aluminum tiles. The plastic tile was not able to withstand the changes in temperature, and in a short time they would warp and allow water to get behind the tile. This caused mold and fungal problems and eventually problems with the wall itself. The Aluminum tiles didn't fare a whole lot better and they too soon faded from the market by 1960.
You might do better to contact a local tileman
that had first hand experience with the plastic tile experiment to testify as an expert witness for you.
Lots of luck...Bud

HELP! I'm being sued by my ex-landlord. My husband, my three children and I rented a house for two
: and a half years. Before that only the landlord's grandmother lived there. The house was built in 1948 and the
: bathroom had thin plastic tiles on every wall that were originally green but he painted them white. Soon
: after we moved in the paint started coming off. By the end of our stay there the tiles were bulging out
: from the shower wall and beginning to fall off. On the walls that were not surrounding the tub the grout was
: starting to squeeze out. We took all precautions neccesary with bath rugs and shower curtains.
: Do you think that this kind of tile is appropriate for showers or tubs? And what is the history on plastic
: tile. I had never even seen it till then. We have to prove it was not our negligence that caused the damage.
: Any advice?

Replies to this post
There are none.