Re: Insulation around Pipes and Electrical
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP on March 20, 19100 at 21:35:43:
In response to Re: Insulation around Pipes and Electrical
: I am installing a bathroom in my basement, directly under the Kitchen. The water supply lines (5/8" copper), drains (PVC) and electrical all run through the ceiling of what will be the bathroom. I would like to insulate the ceiling and the walls, which will require insulation being placed against these different pipes and wires.

: Is there anything I should be concerned about? I don't appear to have any condensation problems (I haven't spent a summer in the house yet) and want to use pink insulation to deaden the noise between floors and of the pipes.

: Also, any suggestions on the best type of insulation to use that is good at deadening water pipe noises (supply and drains) would be welcome.

There should be no problems. You can insulate the hot and cold and drain pipes before you put in the bat insulation. You can purchace pipe insulation at your local plumbing supply house as i think you will have to order the 3". 1" is best but that may have to be special ordered.It will make a good job and be nice and quiet. Dale's Plumbing Service Inc LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.