Re: Vent Piping
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service LMP on February 05, 19100 at 21:30:20:
In response to Re: Vent Piping
: I'm remodleing a tiny bathroom, and the existing vent piping has become a real headache. Where I have to recess the medicine cabinet, there is a nifty secondary vent pipe going up to the roof. Since the sink/P trap is only 5 to 6 feet away from the primary vent, do I even need the existing secondary vent? It's only venting the sink.

: In the same 6 x 6 bathroom, the shower branch drain ties directly into the main vent about 4 feet away. I sure would like to be able to do this for the sink. If this happens to be a code no-no, what are the negatives from a real-world standpoint? Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Rob, if you eliminate the second vent where the cabinet goes do not forget to plug it off. As far as what you want to do ...well one code will say no and another code will say ok. If it going to be inspected you have no choice but to follow the code for your area. If no code Just do it. It will work fine. A wet vent will work and the trap arm being a little long will not hurt. The call of course is yours. It will work your way. Dale's Plumbing Service LMP

Replies to this post