Re: replacing toilet flange
Posted by Andy Wilson on January 27, 19100 at 16:47:38:
In response to Re: replacing toilet flange
I've done exactly what you're talking about. The toilet is on the first floor with access from the basement so it was easy to cut off the old flange under the floor. The bottom of the new flange fits inside the 4" PVC outbound pipe. It wasn't long enough to reach where I made the cut, so I cut a short length of 4" PVC and glued it to the flange. I then glued the other end of the short length to a sleeve connector. The other end of the sleeve connector was glued to the outbound pipe where I cut off the original flange. If you don't have access from underneath, you can still do the same thing, it'll just be harder to cut the old flange off. I replaced mine with a steel flange, too.

BTW, I have seen "replacement" flanges. The fit ove top of old broken ones. This may have helped me but I found out too late.

: we just tiled the bathroom floor and when we took up the old toilet the flange was all broken so now we have a new flange which does not fit over the old drain because of the 1/4 inch lip. some one told us to cut it off and sold us a flange with a sleeve to slide and glue into the old pipe. i searched the web for information on how to do this but can,t find anything so i thought i'd ask you for help. also can you put the new toilet ontop of the tile or do you attch it to the wood floor and tile around it

Replies to this post
There are none.