sewer problem
Posted by Judy on January 23, 19100 at 23:10:31:
There is standing water in my sewer line from the outside clean-out to where the sewer line meets
the city "stub-in". I discovered this after basement flooded a 3rd time in 5 years. I finally had the
sewer line cameraed. Unfortunately, it is unclear as the whether or not there was ever enough grade
to begin with. I don't know if there is an "elebow" because of settling or because there was an
"oops" when the pipe was connected to the city stub. Rodding out the sewer seems to work however
I am trying to sell my house and a potential buyer is not to sure about buying into the problem...
especially not knowing if there is enough grade. My question to you is, is a sewer ejector a better
solution? Would I put it next to the outside clean out since that is where the problem is? Would I
put it in the basement? There is no bathroom in the basement, would this 'sewer problem' prevent a
toilet from working 'normally'? Is there any way I could get restitution from either the Contractor
or the Plumbing contractor? I would appreciate any help or advice that you can give me. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Judy Vincent

Replies to this post