Re: INSTALLING TOILET IN THE BASEMENT
Posted by Moore on October 31, 1999 at 00:50:42:
In response to Re: INSTALLING TOILET IN THE BASEMENT
: DEAR,

Open the 3 1/2 inch drain cap and dump LOTS of water into it to see if it will take pressurized flush. It would be a good idea to make sure that this really is a sewer line, and not just a drain line. I just have to assume that you know that. Dropping LOTS of water into it will also tell you if the vent is properly venting the flush flow. If it drains and flushes okay, install the toilet. If it doesn't. you'll need to determine exactly where the sewer line (not the drain) is, and if it is properly vented. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Have you ever heard that? Why not call three licensed plumbers and get an estimate for them to do the job? then you'll know if it's such an easy job a you hope it is.

: NEED A HELP IN INSTALLING TOILET IN BASEMENT.
: THE CAST IRON DRAIN PIPE HAS A 3 1/2" CAP JUST 2" ABOVE BASEMENT FLOOR. THE VENT PIPE IS ALSO GOING INTO BASEMENT FLOOR AND IS TWO FOOT AWAY FROM CAST IRON DRAINAGE PIPE.
: CAN I REPLACE THE CAP AND USE 3 1/2" CAST IRON REDUCER TO 3" PVC PIPE AND HOOK THE DRAIN FROM BACK OUTLET FLOOR MOUNTED TOILET WITH PRESSURIZED FLUSHING ACTION SIPHON JET FLUSH TANK SYSTEM GERBER MODEL 21-310 TOILET, WILL THIS WORK AND DO I NEED A VENT PIPE ALTHOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE THE VENT PIPE HAS A CONNECTION TO DRAIN UNDER THE FLOOR.

Replies to this post
There are none.