Re: new second floor bathroom
Posted by Dale's Plumbing Service on October 10, 1999 at 02:12:53:
In response to Re: new second floor bathroom
: Terry,
: We are planning a new bath on the second floor. I was under the impression that the toilet should be located fairly close to the new waste pipe. We have been obtaining bids from local (St. Louis) plumbers but are receiving conflicting information. One plumber indicated the toilet could be located about 6 feet from the new stack which would then go down through a closet to the basement, run along the basement ceiling another 6 feet, make another 90 degree bend to run parallel to the existing waste pipe and then connect into the main waste pipe near the floor. Does that sound reasonable or would there be too many bends in the piping which may lead to clogging. Any advice or you may offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (:
: Deanna

Deanna, This plumber sounds like he knows what he is talking about. He is useing 3" pipe on this one. He needs a cleanout tee in the basement on the new line at the tie in. I do not know what plumbing code you use but in ks i use the UPC plumbing code. Good luck with your new bath.You will not have any problems with clogging as long as the line has its 1/4" per ft grade. Dale Peck LMP

Replies to this post
There are none.