Whirlpool bath instatllation
Posted by Curtis on September 15, 1999 at 22:52:30:
I have a big problem and I hope you can help me. I am currently in the process of having a new home built. The master bathroom will have an American Standard tub, sink, and toilet. We asked for an estimate to install a 60x60 Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath. The back of the House's bathroom has to be extended to make room for the whirlpool tub. At first to my recollection we were told it should cost about $3500.00 for tub & labor to do this work. It could be possible he was thinking of a tub the size of a regular bathtub, but we did discuss modifications for the tub to fit, anyway when he realized the tub was a Tara Model 60x60 dimensions and we would supply tub, we now have new prices. He says instead of a 50 gal. water heater we will need a 75 gal. Also, he will have to change the footing & blueprints using concrete footing, joyces under extension to support weight of tub with water and 2 occupants. Anyway the major point that I'm getting to is the price quote. I was told that It would cost me $6000.00 dollars for labor & installation not including my cost of materials which include but not limited to the whirlpool tub, skirt, pan, tile, cut sheet, and mounting hardware which should run an estimated $3-$4000.00 dollars totaling a grand total of $10000.00 dollars. Can you give me some kind of general estimate based on the information I've just given you. I may as well have a swimming pool installed in my yard wouldn't you agree? Can you help me please I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. Thankyou very much in advance!!!!

Replies to this post