Re: 1.6 gal toilets
Posted by Steve on May 11, 1999 at 09:09:30:
In response to Re: 1.6 gal toilets
For what it's worth: The Briggs Vacuity has what looks to me to be a finely balanced system for promoting a strong flush. You can learn more about it at www.toiletology.com. I live in a hard water area, and, even though I have a softener, calcium is a problem. Consequently, I wouldn't want anything that depended upob such a fine balance in order to work properly. Plus toilet's innards do get grungy anyway, which could further affect the toilet's operation. The original Sloan Flushmate (501)is noisy. The newer Flushmate III (503) is reputed to be quieter, and it's available in many toilets, including the Gerber UltraFlush. Go to www.flushmate.com and open up the Adobe owners manuals for more information.

: I am doing some home re-modeling and am looking for inputs on a good toilet. I am trying to choose between one using the pwr assisted flushmate and the Briggs Vacuity type. A store (that handles both) says they work equally well. If that is true, I would prefer the Briggs which appearently is quieter.
: Anyone have comments on my dilemma?

Replies to this post
There are none.