Re: Bradford White TTW2, thru wall vented model
Posted by Frank on April 30, 1999 at 11:29:42:
In response to Re: Bradford White TTW2, thru wall vented model
Bradford White is a good brand, but so is Rheem and A.O. Smith. My beef with direct vent water heaters is that everything else about them is same old-same old. I don't understand why a $800 water heater still has the flimsy plastic drain valve and dip tube and why the tank still fails after only ten years. Peter Hemp wrote of some excellent ways to upgrade a water heater before installation in an issue of Fine Homebuilding a year or so ago, including an improved dip tube and a brass ball valve for draining. Anyway, direct vent will be the standard as more and more homes are heated with high efficiency furnaces and there isn't a flue to share. Also, back drafting ceases to be a concern. I discount the electricity requirement as mattering. If the power's out, boil water on the gas stove.

: Our plumber is recommending that we use a Bradford White TTW2 gas water heater, that is power vented thru
: the wall. The model # is M-II-TW-75T6CN. Any experience with this model, and what if any problems are
: there with direct vent water heaters (other than the big $)? Thanks.

: Larry

Replies to this post
There are none.