Re: Bathroom floor/wall
Posted by Yuji on April 17, 1999 at 19:34:58:
In response to Re: Bathroom floor/wall
: : We have already purchased floor tile and ceramic tile for bathroom floor and walls. How difficult is it to lay the tile down and do we need to put in a heavier wall before we put the ceramic tile on the wall? Can I do it myself and is there a good book for help.
:
: sheila, this is a one time job so if you want to do it right use the wonder board on the walls and floor. it is a concrete 4x5 1/2" thick concrete board and you can use a knife to cut it. blue waterproof sheetrock is also ok for the walls. as i speak i am doing the same thing.make sure the floor is clean,dry,and smooth,and as long as you can read a lever and a square go for it.you should be able to get a book on this at your local lumber yard or at amazon.com on the internet. or a book store,or library. good luck with your project. Dale

sheila, do you have Home Dept store nearby? They provide free classes and one of them happenes to be "How to lay tiles". I took the class and thought it was very good. They actually let you lay tiles. You should read books first, and then take this class. That will give you a lot of confidence.

Replies to this post
There are none.