Re: Water out of shower when filling tub
Posted by John Fadden on March 30, 1999 at 01:50:23:
In response to Re: Water out of shower when filling tub
: I bought a Price Phister faucet set that is intended for a shower only. However the manifold had a removable plug at the bottom. I removed the plug and ran it to a tub spout with a pull up diverter. The shower works fine ,but when you run a bath with both hold & cold on high, water starts to fill the tub and it comes out of the shower head. It is not full blast but it is more than a small dribble! I backed the pressure down at the cut off valves behind the wall,which helped. Any Ideas?

I ran into this problem on a repipe job recently. The customer really liked the increased water pressure that the repipe caused, but hated the water running out of the shower head when filling the tub. My solution was to look through the stock room and and find the tub spout with the least restrictive shape, which I used to replace the squared off Moen unit! The problem turned out to be that the water slamming up against the inside of the squared off Moen tub spout was causing back pressure similar to having the diverter partly closed.

Replies to this post
There are none.