Re: plastic water tube
Posted by The Duke on March 03, 1999 at 14:34:52:
In response to Re: plastic water tube
I have used both. The plastic, which already has the fittings connected to is is the easyest obviously. With copy you have to cut it close to length and use a gromett to make the connection (a bit more time consuming). The only problem I have had with the plastic is that since it comes with the fittings already on it, you only have a few length options at most hardware stores. Obviously you cant go short so you must go long and there enlies the problem. If it is to long, it has to be bent,, wound, or twisted to be connected and this puts strain on the tube where the fitting is crimped to it. I have had many blow out rite where the ritting is crimped to the hose and if you are not home, you have a mess. All true plummers I know still use copper, it is more time consuming to install, but once it is there it is there for ever. With my personal experiance I will never use the rubber/plastic garbage again. If you speced copper, you should get copper. I would require the contractor to replace the cheap stuff with copper.

Replies to this post
There are none.