Re: Leaking water heater
Posted by dale's plumbing service on February 18, 1999 at 20:10:33:
In response to Re: Leaking water heater
: I have a 4.5 year old Rheem 50 gallon gas hot water heater that has started to leak. Sometimes the leak is a steady trickle. It originates from under the heater. Each time the leak occurs it will run for sometime. The leak will then quit and the basement floor will dry up as though there was never a problem. This occurs on a daily basis. The hot water volume has not appeared to decline, however, I have noticed I have to turn the shower valve further towards hot. The leak is not from the overflow nor from the drain valve. Neither is there condensation. The heater is under warranty. Doesn't the sign of a leak from within always indicate a water heater replacement -- either right now or very shortly in the future?

get it done NOW. they go by the seriel number on the sticker on the heater and if you have installation date it is also helpfull. you will get a new heater free but you will pay labor installation and the second heater is covered only till the end of the first heaters 5 yr warrenty.unless they changed there warrenty.

Replies to this post
There are none.