Re: Price Pfister Shower Problem
Posted by Steve Nadler on January 19, 1999 at 22:55:43:
In response to Re: Price Pfister Shower Problem
I work for Price Pfister and have heard of this problem a few times. Usually the reasons this problem occurs is:

1. The valve body has been installed upside down in the wall, thus directing the water to go upwards, rather than down. The valve body is marked on the appropriates sides tub or shower, but many times it gets installed incorrectly.

2. The pipe going from the valve body to the spout is 3/8" instead of 1/2" ID as recommended. This makes the too narrow of passage for water to the spout, so some travels upwards.

3. There is some kind of obstruction located between the valve and the spout serving as a partial diverter.

Since you probably don't want to tear down your wall to check/repair, one possible solution is for me to send you a check valve (usually used in kitchen products) that just happens to fit in your shower arm behind the shower head. This valve needs a certain amount of regulated pressure to open and allow water through. If you're getting a lot of water it may not work, but sure worth a try.

Please email me your Name and address and I'll be happy to send you one out.

Steve Nadler

Consumer Service Manager

Price Pfister, Inc.

steven.nadler@bdk.com

"providing the best service in the industry, one customer at a time."

Replies to this post
There are none.