Re: Complete replumbing of old house, copper in, or under slab.
Posted by JOE BAMBERGER on November 23, 2001 at 08:12:47:
In response to Re: Complete replumbing of old house, copper in, or under slab.
: The easy way is to have a leak locator find the problem, have a plumber break the floor and fix it, and then have your homeowner's insurance reimburse for the cost of locating, breaking, recementing, and replacing the floor finish, (less the deductible). Pipes in the attic will either give you all hot water in the summer and possible frozen pipes in the winter. The only pipe that could be pulled through a 1/2" copper line, assuming it is perfectly round for its entire length would be 3/8" o.d. and that is only sufficient for a single faucet. 5/8" o.d. might go through a 3/4" copper pipe but if you look at its internal diameter you will see that it has a very small capacity.

:
: : I have a 2300 sft house on slab. The plumbing, I discovered when water started coming from the wall, is either under or in the slab. Replumbing into the attic is the only viable solution that I see. Would cpvc be the material to use? Even though I have installed toilets, sinks, drain systems in new construction, I'm not certain of the methods used to replumb. I'm so old that my experience is with the old iron pipe.

: : I'll probably have to contract the job out.

: : Carl

Replies to this post
There are none.