Re: Qest Pex -- old or new?
Posted by Paul Marini on September 10, 2001 at 16:03:40:
In response to Re: Qest Pex -- old or new?
I actually work for Qest. Qest is still in business and manufacturing PEX tubing. I can provide anyone with literature on our QestPEX tubing if he e-mails his mailing address to me at paul.marini@zurn.com.

: : I recently (Oct. 99) had to have my 8 year old house totally re-plumbed after dealing with 8
: : progressively worse pinhole leaks in the copper pipe. The typical story for around here
: : (Orlando FL area), where this seems to be common. Plumbers blame the water and the
: : water company swears that it is bad copper pipe and lightning.

: : The plumbers installed Qest Pex pipe in the attic since the house is on a cement slab.
: : When I saw the pipe, I commented that I thought I was getting old pipe since I heard
: : Qest was long gone due to the polybutelene lawsuit. They said "No, Qest was still a
: : leading manufacturer of Pex."

: : I didn't have time to argue at the moment, since the water was turned off. However, I can
: : find no evidence that Qest is still making pipe or that I have any kind of manufacturer's
: : warranty whatsoever. Anybody know if there is still a Qest company cranking out Pex?

: : Also, we do have lots of lightning in central Florida. Is there any action I should take now
: : that I have a whole lot of plastic water pipe suspended high in the rafters? Lightning rods
: : are almost unheard of here.

: : Gary Orwig

: Gary,
: Qest Pex is a completely differnet system then the PB system they used to make. The fittings, pipe, and crimp rings are all the different. The company that originally owned Qest, Eljer, was purchased by Zurn Industries. The link below will take you to Zurns Qest Pex page.

Replies to this post
There are none.