Re: Low pressure
Posted by Bob on November 11, 1998 at 06:38:27:
In response to Re: Low pressure
: I just hooked up a new bath faucet (telephone style) and for some reason the hot water pressure is considerably lower than the cold. I checked the flow from both the hot and cold supply lines before hooking up the faucet and they were exactly the same - about 40 seconds to fill a 4 gal bucket. When I hooked up the faucet, the cold remained the same while the hot dropped to about 60 seconds to fill the same amount. In terms of numbers this may not sound like much, but when you have a slow hot water flow, you have to dramatically cut back on your cold water to find the right temperature balance. The result is a painfully slow water flow. The tub is a rather large soaker that will require quite a bit of water. The faucet is a quality item from Aquadis, a manufacturer in Quebec Canada. It is all brass construction with, I believe, Koehler(?) ceramic cartridges so I am not concerned that it is a chintzy piece. Is is possible the hot water flow may be restricted for a reason (water saving) or could I have accidently "adjusted" something while installing it? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

: Sean

Might I be so bold as to say we have been victimized by a little plumbing humor? Very funny,Tex,but people in here have real problems they need serious answers for. Sorry Terry,for going over your head but I needed to say that. Was funny,though.

Replies to this post