Re: TOILET VENTING QUESTION
Posted by hj on April 10, 19101 at 22:00:51:
In response to Re: TOILET VENTING QUESTION
I assume the travel trailer's drain is a fairly snug fit in the trailer park's opening. If so, the opening has a trap under it and if your trailer has no vents or Studor vents the air is trapped in the pipe and causes the toilet not to flush.

: We have a travel trailer located in a trailer park that has had a continual toilet problem and I am destined to resolve this issue! I have come to the conclusion that the possible problem is that the toilet was never connected to a vent system and therefore when flushed, the toilet would fill the entire bowl and eventually go down very slowly.

: If the problem is venting, how far downstream from the toilet do I put a vent pipe and what size of pipe do you recommend? As an experiment I popped a 1-1/4" hole on top of the sewer line approximately 1 foot away from the toilet downstream. The toilet then flushed and seemed to be working much better with more swirl and water not rising up in the bowl, but actually sucking the paper down the toilet. However, now the toilet intermittently is operating with more swirl and suction. I know what I did was just a temporary experiment and I now need to do a permanent fix to this frustrating problem. HELP! Anxiously awaiting your responses....

Replies to this post
There are none.