incompetent "master" plumber
Posted by Ken on March 05, 19101 at 21:32:19:
My ex-plumber installed a Jacuzzi Lusso whirlpool bath for me by simply caulking the four factory-installed, four-inch square leveling feet to my cement bathroom floor. Because the plywood base on which the tub and motor sits was not set in plaster, mortar, or structural foam (as stated at the time of the estimate and in the tub's installation instruction), my warranty is no longer valid. He refuses to stand behind his work and I am seeking legal retribution. Every plumber I have talked to tells me that because the 5 ft. tub is placed in a tight 5 ft. alcove and there is little access, they cannot guarantee that the tub will be fit for resetting and a new tub may have to be reset. Short of having the tub taken out and reset - which would not only involve new tile, wall, and paint touchup and possibly a new tub - what can I do to provide structurally sound support for the base? The dimensions are 5ft. x 32in. As mentioned,the platform is supported by four feet - 2 are 2 1/2" and 2 are 1" above the subfloor. There is no access to the tub at all except through the removable service panel and an opening for the faucet/shower pipes. Include specific product names if possible. Thank you.

Replies to this post