Re: pipes make banging noise
Posted by jenny on February 11, 19101 at 12:06:12:
In response to Re: pipes make banging noise
WHERE DO I FIND THE VALVES? : NOISE COULD BE CAUSED BY THERMAL EXPANSION MOVING PIPES INSIDE WALL OR FLOORS. PIPES NEED TO BE PROPERLY MOUNTED AND FITTED. THESE HEATING PIPES CHANGE LENGTH ALONG WITH THEIR TEMPERATURE AND THEIR ADJUSTMENT PRODUCES SOUND IF THEY RUB AGAINST SOMETHING ......JUST LIKE PUSHING AND PULLING A SODA STRAW THROUGH THE PLASTIC LID OF YOUR FAST FOOD BEVERAGE CUP.

: ANOTHER SOURCE OF SOUND IS INTERNAL AND DUE TO A TEMPERATURE IMBALANCE IN THE MEDIUM POSSIBLY DUE TO POOR CIRCULATION FROM CORROSION BUILD UP, OR UNBLED AIR TRAPPED IN THE SYSTEM.
WHERE DO I FIND THESE VALVES, ARE THEY ON EACH RADIATOR? I HAVE ONLY LOCATED ONE VALVE AND IT IS ON THE RADIATOR AT THE TOP FLOOR OF THE HOUSE. IS THERE ONLY ONE? OR SHOULD THERE BE A VALVE ON EACH RADIATOR?...........................................''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
:
: FIRST THING I'D TRY IS BLEEDING THE AIR WHEN THE SYSTEM IS TURNED OFF AND COLD, OR LUKEWARM. START AT THE LOWEST POINT, THEN MOVE UP. OPEN EACH VALVE RECLOSING AFTER AIR ESCAPES. FINISH WITH THE HIGHEST OR THE FARTHEST RADIATOR FROM THE BOILER.

Replies to this post
There are none.