Re: finding toilet for nonstandard rough-in
Posted by David Duncan on January 19, 19101 at 21:23:53:
In response to Re: finding toilet for nonstandard rough-in
Thanks. That may be the only solution available, though it would require knocking a new hole in the floor. I know the European
toilets fit because they have a much, much shorter rough-in distance (which is what I was measuring--the
distance from the wall behind the toilet to the center of the waste pipe hole into which the toilet drains).
: I'm not sure what you're measuring, but if the actual hole in the floor and pipe are that close to the back wall, perhaps you could use a floor mounted, rear exit toilet that would then ell down into the floor drain. Several manufacturers make these, including American Standard.

:
: : I have an Ifo toilet in my house with about a 2 1/2 inch rough-in. I can't find these toilets anymore, and my
: : father-in-law has great need of one, because a contractor error in his basement has left him with a rough-in
: : too close to the wall of his unfinished bathroom to use a standard U.S. toilet (about 5" from studs to center
: : of rough-in hole). Does any other manufacturer import toilets with European rough-in dimensions into the U.S.?
: : Is there any other solution?

Replies to this post
There are none.