Re: Specialized Toilet Needed
Posted by hj on January 07, 19101 at 09:18:05:
In response to Re: Specialized Toilet Needed
If function is more important than appearance, then you can install a flush valve toilet. Connect the existing 1/2" line to the flush valve, install a check valve in the line and before you make the final connection increase the size to 1" and connect a 5 gallon X-Trol or similar expansion tank to the line. Pressurize it to about 10 psi below the normal working pressure of the house lines as a starting point. Then use a Sloan Optima, or similar, sensing flush valve. The tank can be behind the wall in a closet if one is available and large enough pipe connects it to the flush valve supply line.
: I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have a client that cannot use his arms. Using the bathroom by himself is the only dignity that he has been able to keep for himself I have installed a bidet toilet seat, with a foot pedal, that has helped him alot with his bathroom needs. He has been asking and I have been looking for a foot pedal that will flush the bowl, but I cannot find anything that will work. Motion sensors are for commercial toilets and would need extensive remodeling. Thanks for any help.

Replies to this post
There are none.