Re: HELP: wobbly kitchen faucet installation
Posted by Joe Colburn on October 11, 19100 at 23:52:28:
In response to Re: HELP: wobbly kitchen faucet installation
: Hi, I'm a total novice and replaced my kitchen faucet with a Moen traditional 2-handle faucet. It came with a gasket to fit under the base so I wouldn't need plumber's putty. The installation wernt fine and it works, with no leaks. However, the faucet is a bit wobbly on the sink. It's not really noticeable unless you try & move it around, but it's a bit disconcerting since every other sink in the house (which I DIDN'T install) is immobile.

: Is this because of the gasket? Or did I do something wrong? Should I have MORE firmly tightened the plastic jamb nuts (which hold it in place under tthe sink, and which the instructions said only needed hand-tightening, and caution against OVER-tightening)? Maybe I didn't fit the gasket under the base properly? It seems like it should be leaking if it's a loose seal...

: Please respond privately or publicly ASAP, it's driving me NUTS...

: THANKS! Nils

Nils,
The best thing is to remove the faucet throw away the plastic gasket and pack the faucet base with plumbers putty then reinstall the faucet. Tighten the nuts with a basin wrench and you will be set. The nuts should be tight enough to stop any movement and the putty makes the faucet feel much more solid.
Joe

Replies to this post
There are none.