RE: No life guards...Help is slow here!
Posted by CASMAN on October 05, 19100 at 10:32:04:
Since MY question wasn't answered yet I tried to fix it myself. I pulled the cleanout off the stack and found standing water. I took a garden hose and pumped in about 40 gallons, it never overflowed, nor did it completely drain, and a small amount of water leaked out around the stack and on the other side of the wall in an adjoining room with a raised floor (9) inches higher up, water leaked out of a small hole in the brick wall about 2 courses up. I took my leaf blower, wrapped a towel around the end and turned it on...(This worked before for an emergency backup in the floor drain.) This was a very bad.. bad idea...the water shot out of the first floor toilet and sink and I had shit all over the place,,,and it still didn't completely drain. Should I have a plumber resnake this line which was done 3 weeks ago, or will they know to run the camera instead,,,and is the water level in this cast iron stack supposed to drain completely. I never had this leak before the plumbers snaked this location,, whereas in the past,,,no plumber ever snaked from this spot. Can damage be done when snaking, I think this cast iron stack was modified and set into an area where years ago the gutter drained in. Help...

Replies to this post