|Posted by jeff parrella on October 06, 1998 at 09:38:41:|
Dear Mr. Love:
I have never done a bit of plumbing in my life, but I want to try to fix my leaking bathtub faucet. Actually it is not leaking, it is pouring. It has a hot handle and a cold handle, and it is hot water that is leaking. The center of each handle has a screw that I am assuming I can remove to get the handle off. Can I do this and just put some sort of washer in there to replace the old one. Is there anything else I would need to do? Thank you in advance for your help.
To replace parts in the
Make sure the water is off at the main shutoff.
1. Remove handles with a faucet puller. Remove trim.
2. Remove faucet stems with a socket wrench.
3. Remove seats with a seat wrench.
4. Replace seats with pipe sealant on the threads.
5. Install new valve stems.
6. Replace trim and handles.