adding addition- can I use an angle connect to my main drain pipe
Posted by Rick on August 30, 19100 at 09:51:16:
When the new addition is built the final connection from the new crawl space toward the existing basement to the main drain will have about 4-5' of height to span about 7-8' to a drain cover on the main stack. The angle of this cover is about 60 degrees. I'm planning to use PVC and I need to get a vent configuration in the plan. I also will need to find a way to run a sink and shower drain and vents from this second floor starting point.

Is there a diagram of this type of configuration and where would it be found? Should I plan to have all my fixtures on the wall closest to the old addition where the main drain is located? Is it possible to run the pipes of the sink and shower in a 5' run of 10" joists? With that in mind then should I have another wall built below to house the new pipes needed? This is not ideal for the appearance of the wide open great room below. Do I have to find a way to extend the old main drain over to the new drain pipe? The existing toilet is now connected to this. I'm wondering if I can get away with just one new vent pipe and what conditions that would require?

Thank you for consideration of these. I want to do this myself. The blueprints are being drawn up and I need to have this figured out. Thanks again.

Replies to this post