Re: Loud noise like water pumping
Posted by Rich on August 07, 19100 at 16:32:13:
In response to Re: Loud noise like water pumping
: I have a one-story frame ranch-style house with a full basement. The water supply enters the house
: in a pipe that I can see from the basement. When a tap is opened upstairs, in the kitchen, for example,
: which is at one end of the house, I can hear a very loud noise coming from where the water enters the
: house (which is in the middle of the house). The noise sounds like water being pumped. Not a
: mechanical sound, but the sound of water being pumped. Most all of the faucets cause this loud
: noise when opened. The dishwasher does, too. However, when a hose is being used outside,
: it does not cause this noise. The noise sounds as if it is located on the other side of the wall before the
: water pipe enters into the house. Any ideas on what is causing this noise?

I also get this noise,It is comming from the water meter which is in a pit on the front lawn of my house. The meter is very noisy, however if you have the water company that supplies the water in your area, change it, your water meter will spin faster(proper speed) for the water you are using, and of course your water bill will reflect it. If you can live with the noise do so...Hope this solves your problem....Rich

Replies to this post
There are none.