backsplash tiling
Posted by Jerry Schaadt on July 30, 19100 at 11:43:29:
I have recently remodeled a home built in the late 1800s, but there are a few things I have yet to do. One place in particular that is giving me fits is my kitchen backsplash, I had first considered nailing on a white-washed knotty pine beadboard but then I took into consideration the moisture factor. So then I thought about tiling, but people told me that I would have to use wonderboard as opposed to the drywall that is presently there and with having insulation blown in my exterior walls I do not want to replace the drywall and lose my insulation. As if I need more confusion, I like the look of tumbled marble but it seems as if it is used in more floor applications, is it too heavy to use on a wall and would I just use a thinset mortor under it? As you can tell I am very confused about this and it seems as though I can't get a solid answer from anyone. I would really appreciate any input for my backsplash dilemma. Also if you are interested I have before and after pics of my rural Ohio farmhouse.
Thank you very much.

Replies to this post