Re: SEWER LINE, PLEASE HELP
Posted by More on July 25, 19100 at 14:32:26:
In response to Re: SEWER LINE, PLEASE HELP
: I ASKED YESTERDAY ABOUT MY ROOTS GETTING INTO MY SEWER LINE. IN YOUR PROFESSIONAL OPINION, WOULD YOU EITHER TRY TO FIND THE SECTION OF THE PIPE THAT THE ROOTS ARE GETTING INTO OR JUST CUT DOWN THE TREE? THE TREE IS VERY CLOSE TO THE HOUSE SO I AM ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT IT GETTING INTO THE PIPES UNDER THE HOUSE. I LIKE THE TREE A LOT BUT I WANT TO DO WHAT WILL DEFINITELY SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR I HAVE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ALREADY WITH CLEANING THE LINE OUT. THANKS

It's easy enough to find out WHERE the roots are clogging the line, determining what you'll do is harder. Is this Plastic? Clay? Cast Iron? Clay joints are every six feet, cast iron are ten, Plastic could have been installed at twenty foot joints. You did hire a LICENSED roto snake company to clear the line, Right? When the roto snake enters the line, a good operator can tell when the fittings are passed, and about where the root obstruction starts. Thats the place to dig. There will be roots there, you'll cut them out as you dig to the sewer lateral, and then look up and downstream for the coupling. Is it plastic? If so there must be a place where the glue left a pinhole for roots to enter. Find that place and smush on a lot of glue to plug that hole.

Replies to this post
There are none.