Re: bath remodel due to tree roots into sewer line
Posted by dominick on July 24, 19100 at 08:42:59:
In response to Re: bath remodel due to tree roots into sewer line
: I need advice. My sewer line backed up because tree roots had infiltrated the line outside
: my house but on my property, not the city's. It flooded my basement and garage. Now I have to
: replace fixtures and have two problems: First, I need a toilet with a strong flush. My plumber says to
: purchase one with an insulated tank. Second, my upstairs bathroom shower (which was remodeled in 1995) suddenly
: began spraying scalding hot water when ever the gas-fired furnace kicks in --- much the same way as would happen if
: a toilet were flushed in an older home, suddenly taking the cold water for the flush and leaving the hot. When I
: remodeled in '95 I had installed a Grohe top of the line fixture specifically designed to prevent the loss of hot water
: under just these circumstances. It worked until last year. I know for certain that the gas furnace kicking on
: causes this because it's happened when I have been alone in the house. My plumber says he thinks it's
: the mixing valve and said that an insulated toilet (in fact, I would have to replace 3 toilets to accomplish this he says)
: would eliminate the need for a mixing valve and this would keep the scalding water from happening. I should also tell
: you that my 3 year old water heater has required (for the past 18 months at least)the temperature control to be turned
: up past where it should be in order to keep the tank hot. We've tried turning it to where it should be but then there is
: absolutely no hot water to take a shower. My plumber says he doesn't think it's the temperature control knob on the
: 3 year old hot water heater but rather my mixing valve for the toilets which is located in my basement. I don't understand
: this. Can you PLEASE help me. Thank you VERY much. Oh, what's the most effective solvent to destroy tree roots in
: side of sewer lines. My house which was built in 1964 has no outside trap, only one 3" trap located in my garage wall
: which is on the other side of the downstairs bathroom wall. The sewer line blockage is approximately 51 feet or so from
: the trap. Again, thank you for any assistance you can provide. me. I should also tell you I live in Anchorage, Alaska.
: If you need to speak with me, I can be reached at 907.271.2655 ext. 2649.

I also have roots in my sewer line, if you found anything that will kill them inside the line, please email me thanks. dorlando@everythingbutwater.com

Replies to this post