Re: Finding Bath/Shower Surrounds
Posted by Kathy on June 29, 19100 at 14:28:57:
In response to Re: Finding Bath/Shower Surrounds
: I'm looking for a three piece surround kit that would fit a whirlpool I recently installed. The size is 60"x42". All the local stores don't carry any that big. I don't want to put anything tacky like paneling, like some retailor suggested. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tim, one possibility is to install concrete backer board - the panels are large enough for the 42" dimention, the can be drilled for faucets, etc. and install it yourself ceramic tile. Where the joint would fall on the long wall, you fill with cement and fiberglass tape. This will create a waterproof wall around your new whirlpool tub, and may be the easiest solution. We tried the large waterproof panels around a tub and shower, and every time warm water hit the panels, they expanded and came unglued. They were not successful at all, even though they were waterproof and did not have a breakdown problem. You will not have the expansion and contraction problem with ceramic tile. Also, if you have a window(s) around the new tub, the ceramic tile can be fit around. And glass block windows would fit in with the tile also. Be sure to seal the grout well. Good Luck.

Replies to this post
There are none.