Re: Pressure reducer readings
Posted by hj on June 17, 19100 at 12:33:58:
In response to Re: Pressure reducer readings
The screw changes the dynamic pressure when water is running through the valve, but the static pressure should remain at the set pressure. If the pressure is rising to the city pressure, in your case 100#, then the valve is defective.

: I have a question about how to interpret pressure readings on the outlet side of a pressure reducer. With all my house faucets closed (no water running) my pressure gage reads 100 psi on the outlet side of the pressure reducer. This reading is not affected by how much the pressure-reducer's adjustment screw is turned. Is this normal, or a sign something is wrong with the reducer ? When several faucets are open and water is running through the line, the pressure reading drops by a certain amount, and now the pressure reading does change according to how much the adjustment screw is turned. Thus it seems the pressure reducer does not affect the static pressure when the water is not flowing, but does affect the static pressure when water is flowing. I thought the whole idea of a pressure reducer was to reduce the static pressure on the line, whether or not the water is flowing.

Replies to this post
There are none.