Re: Radiant Heat - Boiler sweating
Posted by hj on June 03, 19100 at 15:32:41:
In response to Re: Radiant Heat - Boiler sweating
: I recently moved into a newer house with radiant heat (Hypertherm). The problem is that when the system is not on(just pilot light) the boiler is sweating. It's dripping badly.
: I have called a plumber to check it out. What he did was adjusted the temperture so that the boilder will go up to 190 degrees. He mention that it was not set properly before.
I think someone is pulling your leg. Sweating only occurs when the humidity level is greater than the temperature of the surface where condensation would occur. There is almost no relative humidity that would condense out at 140 degrees. Unless you are floating in a lake. On a boiler, the sweating that usually occurs is when the water temperature is about 50-60 degrees. In that situation, the water vapor in the pilot fumes can condense on the boiler surfaces and then drip down, but that would not be in any volume.

: The problem is its still dripping water. The
temperature on the boiler reads 110 degrees when not in used. My question is what controls the boiler when heat is not needed like in the summer.
: My plumber mention that the boiler will sweat below 140 degrees. Please help.

: Thanks,
: Mike

Replies to this post
There are none.