I answer many of the posts when I have time available. I encourage others to give their insight and add to the discussion also. We all learn when knowledge is shared. Sometimes a question here or there will supply the answer to a question. Sometimes that little bit of knowledge lets someone know whether the job can be done by the homeowner, or when it is time to bring in the big guns.
Some of the others that have been a big help on this
Here is a charming answer from Bud to Ladybug, who wanted advice on removing a rubber ducky from her toilet.
"Ladybug:---------You don't get a guarantee
with this procedure, but then again it's not going to cost you 90 Bob.
Here is a clever explanation by hj,
If the poor thing still has the tea thing stuck in its throat, that is the source of its distress. See if your unit has a hexagon opening in the center of the bottom, (on the outside). If so put an allen wrench into it and rock back and forth to see if it will respond to the Heimlich maneuver. If it does not have the hole, use 2 broom handles or pry bars to grab the cutters on both side of the inside grinder plate. Cross the two like an X and twist the unit counter clockwise. With enough pressure the poor dear should cough up the obstruction., hj
No. You can not use HTML tags in any field except body of the message. The maintainer of the script has the option of allowing or disallowing any HTML in the Message part of your posting. If they disallow it, the script will just throw out everything in <>'s. If they allow it, your html markup will appear in the posting. It can't hurt to try.
Colons appear in the message dialog box when you try to follow-up up on a message to indicate that those lines are quoting the previous document. The owner of the WWWBoard can decide whether they wish to enable or disable the quoting of previous messages.
Your post most likely did not show up, because your browser did not reload the page, it simply pulled it out of cache. Please reload your browser and it should then appear.
2) The twofold purpose, is to support my family, and to inform, educate, entertain have fun, make new friends and maintain old ones.
3) No advertising, for the most part. If I don't like it, it goes. For you plumbers, go ahead and mention your company name in your post. If it's too obvious I will let you know.
4) If you are just cranky and in a bad mood, it will get erased.
5) If I am cranky or in a bad mood, it gets erased too.
6) This web site is not done by popular vote. The only vote that counts is mine.
7) I encourage, good questions, good answers, good humor, good breaking news in plumbing and/or remodel.
8) If you know of any good fishing spots, let me know.