slab

1. Tomject

Is there a standard for sewer depth below slab for a single story home?

I'm converting my garage to an ADU (aka mother in-law home) and as part of the project, am connecting to the sewer in our house about 25' away. Not having designed a 1st floor bath on a slab before- I'm wondering if there is a standard for how deep I should be trying to get the sewer line when...
  2. ElectroDan

Bathroom addition on slab design

I am designing a bathroom to add to a workshop. I'm wondering if I have any mistakes in the design? I did a bathroom addition in the house a few years ago (learned a lot), but still a DIYer. The addition will extend the slab and the sewer lines will be under the slab. The 1" water line and 4"...
  3. JAWittekind

Need help deciphering these markings

Hello, all! This is my first post, so thanks for having me. I am chasing a hot water union between original galvanized piping and a copper addition. Unfortunately, it appears to disappear into a concrete slab. There are markings on the slab and would like to have some idea what they might mean...
  4. arkanos

Moving basement bathroom rough-in; cast iron under slab

I'm planning to finish our basement which includes installing a 3/4 bath. The existing rough-in is terribly placed and basically unusable for anything other than a 1/2 bath, and it would require walling in one of the 2 basement windows. There is an sewage ejector sump that is original to the...
  5. RWW

Clogged slab drain

I couldn't get an auger into the hole at the bottom, making me question if it's a drain at all. We have the AC condensate draining into it, and the new softener (which hit the waste cycle and flooded the room) Do I need a plumber (2 have already said they can't do it) or a contractor? How to...
  6. Justin_P

Moving Drains Under Slab

Hi, I'm remodeling an old bathroom built in the late 70s and am swapping out the cast iron tub for a new, larger walk-in shower. I am moving the shower drain from the tub location to be centered on the shower floor. I also need to move the toilet over to make room for the new shower. I just got...
  7. kyncaith

Need advice for replacing kitchen drain pipe under slab.

My house is a split level, so the kitchen is on a slab. The pipe runs underneath and connects to the main in our utility room. There is only one line to the main, no other connections. About a week ago I noticed water coming out of the opening in the cinder blocks where the 3 inch cast iron pipe...
  8. Yippydadada

Can you help ID these pipes?

Looking to purchase a home. Basement has rough-in plumbing but no labels. Can you help me identify pipes?Toilet is obvious, it seems two lower pipes (in photo) would be for venting. What really has me confused is why one pipe is different then the others, (on the left, capped and glued with...
  9. GCProp

Replacing Multi-Family Sewer Line Under Slab

I own a 7 apartment multi-family building built in 1974. Sewer line is cast iron. We have clogs frequently and it appears cast is corroding. I know it's only a matter of time before I will need to replace it. Problem is, the building sits on a slab. It's also fully leased. Line runs left to...
  10. Justin Grow

Tub Box in Slab with No Drain Pipe?

So I found this kind of crazy but maybe I'm missing something... House was built in 2000 with an unfinished basement with plumbing stubbed in for a bathroom. Toilet drain, sink drain, vent, and water lines are all there along with a tub box sunk into the concrete floor. I'm starting to...
  11. Josh87

Replace Lead Shower Drain.

Hi, I'm a first time poster here, but I've used this site for years and have gained a lot of great information from all of you! I'm redoing my basement bathroom shower on concrete slab and using information on your other threads, I removed a lead/oakum shower drain. I used the method of...
  12. Arvydas

DWV in home on slab

I recently bought a house built with all of the plumbing in the slab and did a whole remodel. It was a bank owned property built in the 50s, and needless to say I ran into quite a few head scratchers. As far as plumbing, I replaced all fixtures and traps. In doing so, I noticed that the only...
  13. artistsnature

Adding washing machine and tray to bathroom DWV

Hi guys, I'm trying to tie a new laundry room into an existing bathroom on a raised slab. The copper supply lines (as well as cast iron drains) are all under concrete, so I'm going to cut them off and re-route them through the walls. My concern is, is it okay to patch the washer and tray into...
  14. Jim S

Pipes under slab

Hey group, So I am in the middle of my bath remodel and am having a case of 'while I'm at its'. So here is the thing. This part of the house (where the bath is) is on a slab and the water supply pipes come under this slab and up in the middle and go on up to the other two baths upstairs. So...
  15. franksr27

Waste Line layout for bath Addition. Please help!

Hi Guys, I am planning on adding an addition bath/bedroom. The concrete guys need to know where I want the trench for the plumbing do be dug. Attached is a picture of existing house and proposed addition. the proposed plumbing waste lines are in orange. Could someone with experience please...
  16. Water girl

Hidden leak? Help!

First, thanks to anyone for help! I'm trying to find what seems like a hidden leak, I can't figure out what's going on, ive been hearing running water coming from the upstairs shower wall, my water bill's tripled, my less than 2 yr old water heater sounds like running water 24/7... Here's a more...
  17. reb101

Unknown 1 1/2" Copper Pipe Under Dishwasher - Must be Removed

Pulled out the old dishwasher to install a new one. This 1 1/2" copper pipe (see photo) is sticking up from the concrete slab floor, blocking the installation of the new dishwasher. It appears to be capped with a soldered brass end cap. There is a keystone image stamped or cast into the cap...
  18. Yovav

Slow copper pipe leak from under the concrete slab

Few years ago, a car touched the loop going from right to left in picture one, we had home warranty fix it, but now after 2 years it started leaking, So, the main connection at the bottom gets wet. A guy came in to check it out says its probably from under the main connection that goes into...
  19. thegorilla

Help needed moving & adding laundry to old utility room

Hi all, I need some advice and suggestions please. In my downstairs utility room, I would like to change a utility sink to a kitchen sink, move my laundry connections from one wall to another, and add a laundry connection upstairs on the other side of the same wall (in a carport closet). The...
  20. Keith Powers

Wet bar sink

I am in the process of building a custom bar in my formal living room. Originally this was not on the plans when I purchased the house six months ago. The house is on a slab and I laid new marble flooring throughout. I was going to do just a dry bar, but I realize how beneficial a wet bar could...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks