shower

1. T

Moen Shower Faucet flow question

I have a Adler Moen shower faucet. I just replaced the cartridge and set the scald guard to 12 o'clock (hopefully off). We have not been getting super hot water even though the DHW is set to 140. Thinking to test my scald settings, I left the cold water intake valve turned off and just turned...
  2. J

Help me, I'm dumb (Delta shower cartridge issue)

I need some help, I’ve exhausted everything I know and can’t figure this out. I’m trying to install a delta shower cartridge (MODEL#: RP46463) into r22000 valve body and no matter what I do the water just comes out full force from the shower head like the cartridge is turned fully on. I’ve...
  3. P

Leak from swivel 90 in mobile home after shower arm broke

So my shower arm ended up breaking (gotta love a plastic one) so I’m trying to replace it. I have a new mobile home specific shower arm like what was previously there and I almost have it fixed but the plastic drop ear 90 keeps leaking. Sometimes it’s just a drip, others it may be more of a...
  4. J

Remove old shower faucet

My shower tub is leaking, so I tried to get to the cartridge, but am stuck on how to remove the cover/housing at the cartridge. I believe it is Kohler. The photos show the center, and 2 of the cover. How do I remove the cover? It won't budge. Thanks for any comments.
  5. E

Shower Drain

Is it ok that drain seems to be a bit elevated? Water seems to sit around the drain for a few minutes and then goes away, is this a sign of a leak or are drains designed to work like this? Thank you!
  6. A

Help to identify shower faucet

Hi. I need help to identify my shower faucet. I don't have the original model
  7. N

Help removing an older moen shower handle

Hi all. Any idea how to remove an older Moen shower handle? Picture attached. Thanks!
  8. ned8675309

shower pipe drain placement?

Hello, How important is the slope and placement of the shower pipe that leads to the main drain? An assistant plumber decided to route the pipe through the wall, rather than taking the most direct line, which would be from the shower drain to the main drain in a straight shot. When we asked...
  9. PerryNotMason

shower + lav draining into toilet drain with attic bathroom

hi all, I'm installing a new small bathroom in my attic - the space is awkward and small, and my main question is about using space wisely. I'm located in Portland, oregon for code purposes. I intend on having a 3" toilet drain, as well as a lav sink and a shower in the new bathroom. new...
  10. J

My pfister shower won’t turn off

Hi I have an older pfister shower model and when I went to pull on the temp adjustment to turn on the shower it turned on like normal but the nob refuse to push back in I could really use some advice on how to fix this if anybody knows how. It won’t let me add any pictures
  11. T

Used wrong size trowel for wall tile

Good Evening, I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have used a 1/2 x 1/2 trowel, but used a 1/4"x1/4" trowel. I back buttered and troweled each tile as well as the wall. I pullled up tiles every so often and always had good coverage of the back. The...
  12. Brian Kehlmeier

Okay to use Pex B for a new addition?

I am down to the last part of my room addition; the supply lines. I have always used copper, but my friend has a Pex B crimp tool and I know it would be a huge time saver, plus less time in the crawl space. I currently have 3/4" supply coming into the house that feeds the water heater. Every...
  13. Offguard-2

Moving outside shower drain from dry well to storm drain

I have an outside shower that drains to a dry well. It doesn't last long (maybe 1 to 2 minutes) before the water starts to come back up the drain. My neighbors have there outside shower drains connected to the storm drain that lets out on the street. I'd like to connect my shower drain to the...
  14. D

Need help identifying shower mixer stem

The stem pull out does not unscrew. It has a brass housing that is removed first that holds it in place. Has a D shaped broach. Any help would be great I took it to a plumbing supply store they looked through their catalog and could not find a match.
  15. T

Dual Shower Temperature Problem

I recently converted my regular tub shower combo to a dual head standing shower. Each shower head has its own control via pressure balancing valve, and I plumbed it (basically) as shown in my attached crude drawing. I’m a novice when it comes to plumbing, but based on some research, I built the...
  16. rugoofy

Water on bathroom floor.

After taking a shower my bathroom floor is dry but when I go back in there 1-2 hours later there are puddles of water on the floor. Any suggestions as to what could cause this? This only happens after taking a shower. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thank you!
  17. jba

Help Convincing Inspectors They Are Wrong About Code?

Hi All, Desperately wanting to have my final final on a whole house redo that I've been too many years working on. Failed my final plumbing with a list of small things I've already fixed and one big problem: the inspector says my shower fails under UPC 408.6 because you cannot fit a 30"...
  18. Rob13

Fiberglass tub leaks at drain...

How can I fix this leak? Just replaced the whole floor and studs because of this issue. It's leaking at a notch in the fiberglass. Should I sand it down or use jb weld or both? Please, Any Help Much Appreciated...
  19. C

5 min of hot water after changing cartridge on dual delta shower

Our master bath shower had two shower heads. One was leaking/dripping so our plumber changed both cartridges since he was already there. That fixed the leak, but ever since one side gets too hot and the other side only stays hot for 5 minutes before slowly getting colder and colder. Our plumber...
  20. B

Clean water backing up after shower

I am a new homeowner with a small leak/backup problem. Not sure which. Shower on second floor, washing machine in basement. Observed small amounts of water on basement floor (less then 8 fl oz) two successive days, but did not observe why. Not sure if foundation leaking (although has not been...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks