concrete

1. B

Removed wet bar......now what?

Recently removed a wet bar and wanted to get some advice. The house was built in 1978 and is a four level split. I removed the wet bar which is located on the lower level slab of the split. The supply lines and drain are approximately 6ft into the slab from the basement block. The supply line...
  2. RoboRoberto

Plumbing Shower drain into Existing Concrete

My elderly aunt was just diagnosed with a medical condition, so she's moving in with me into my ADU (I've always planned on her moving in anyway, but the medical issue just made it sooner). Only issue is, the ADU has a toilet, sink, but no shower (which I'm sure was originally planned because...
  3. JAWittekind

Need help deciphering these markings

Hello, all! This is my first post, so thanks for having me. I am chasing a hot water union between original galvanized piping and a copper addition. Unfortunately, it appears to disappear into a concrete slab. There are markings on the slab and would like to have some idea what they might mean...
  4. Brendan Poirier

1/8th inch pitch acceptable ? Garage toilet

I had the sewage line ran to my garage from the septic tank. I really want to put a toilet in the garage as it is detached. The location I want to put the toilet is 21 feet from where the sewage connection enters. The sewage connection will be 1.5" under the bottom of the concrete slab. So If I...
  5. Shrekpower

Help... Sewer pipe extension... (through concrete)

Good day everyone, I'd like to extend my sewer line to my new garage in the back of my house. I'm about to do the plumbing and drill a core hole in the foundation wall and I was wondering what would be the "best" way to connect everything so i don't screw this up. By looking at the pictures...
  6. Sampellegreeno

Bad drain without a vent

Hello! Thank you in advance for any insight. I recently purchased a restaurant that is in a historic 100+ year old building. All of the floor drains work fine, except the main kitchen drain. I was told it was installed incorrectly years and years ago without a vent. Any small amount of water...
  7. Justin_P

Moving Drains Under Slab

Hi, I'm remodeling an old bathroom built in the late 70s and am swapping out the cast iron tub for a new, larger walk-in shower. I am moving the shower drain from the tub location to be centered on the shower floor. I also need to move the toilet over to make room for the new shower. I just got...
  8. J.B. Landscaper

Get sewer clean out caps flush after the fact

Is there a part to get a cap (preferably metal) flush with patio surface? To fit the i.d. of the pipe? The couplings are not even glued, the concrete guys were just extremely lazy. I’d rather not demo concrete and patch. Not my project btw.
  9. ScrewItUpYourself

Securing vent stack

I have a utility sink in my basement that sits along a concrete wall with a footer. Since I can't run the vent stack within or directly against the wall, I ran the P-trap sideways with the vent stack running a few inches (about a hand's width) off the wall along the side of the sink. My...
  10. Curiousv

Is this a small leak from under concrete floor or ?

I remove all moisture/water from this area and after few hours I checked again..I see very small amount of water/moisture there ...but when I checked at the water meter ...meter did not move at all ...it is digital meter and even the last digit of 7 digit numbers did not change. Can it still be...
  11. Scaredycats

The best way to secure in the slab shower drain

I am replacing an old shower in the basement. When I removed the pan, the ABS drain had not been filled in. I need to level the concrete for the new shower base. What is the best way to fill it in. I was thinking about sand up to 2 inches and than use leveling concrete? Do I need to wrap the ABS...
  12. footballfangb

Advice on Cleanout drain situation

I recently just got concrete poured in our side yard. I wasn't there while the contractor was pouring in concrete but noticed after they poured in that the main clean out drain of our house is partially submerged in concrete as shown in attached pictures. It looks like I should be able to open...
  13. artistsnature

Adding washing machine and tray to bathroom DWV

Hi guys, I'm trying to tie a new laundry room into an existing bathroom on a raised slab. The copper supply lines (as well as cast iron drains) are all under concrete, so I'm going to cut them off and re-route them through the walls. My concern is, is it okay to patch the washer and tray into...
  14. MLipenk

Large gap between leveled tub and concrete floor

I am about to install a tub with surround. However, with the tub leveled on all four sides, the gap between the tub and the concrete floor at one end is up to 3/4 of an inch off the concrete. In general there is a bit of a rise in the concrete floor where the PVC drain stubs were roughed in for...
  15. cx222

Copper pipe through concrete foundation

I am planning out an underground sprinkler system and need to bore a hole through a concrete foundation wall to bring 3/4" copper pipe through. The point where the pipe will come through is above grade, and in a northern/freezing climate. The concrete foundation is roughly 90 years old. I've...
  16. Yovav

Slow copper pipe leak from under the concrete slab

Few years ago, a car touched the loop going from right to left in picture one, we had home warranty fix it, but now after 2 years it started leaking, So, the main connection at the bottom gets wet. A guy came in to check it out says its probably from under the main connection that goes into...
  17. DochSavage

Shower Pan: No concrete underneath plastic pan by orig bldr

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; } Hi folks! I'm in a spot, and I'm hoping that the answer is straightforward. I'm not hoping for easy; straightforward will do. In this case, I've got a 17 year old shower tiled with 4-inch tiles. There have Leaking incidents periodically, with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks