recirculation pump

1. Jaroob

Hot Water Even With Cold Valve Fully Open

Hello all, I am new here so I don't know if this is the best forum thread to post this, so just point me in the right direction if that happens to be the case. My situation is this though. I just installed a new tankless water heater in my home after the old tank style finally bit the dust. In...
  2. DoctorPepper

Recirculation Pump on Rinnai RU199en

So I got my external tankless installed and the water heater out of the attic. So far, so good—very pleased with its performance. However, when I bought the unit (RU199en w/ "Circ-Logic"), I also bought a recirculation pump—the GTK03. I couldn't get that to work; I installed it with a crossover...
  3. William Fisher

Hot water recirculation pump causing very hot water at taps

The hot water recirculation line is a dedicated line and used a Laing SMT 303BSW pump and is plumbed to the bottom of the hot water tank. I found out that the recirculation was not working because the pump was dead. I replaced it with a Laing LHB08100081 Low Flow Circulating Pump. It is...
  4. SleepingBear

Radiant Heat System Design

I have a question related to the radiant floor system I am installing. Context: The previous owner of our homes (two located on one property 60 feet from one another other) had ½ PEX oxygenated lines run throughout the entirety each structure. Both homes are Insulated concrete form...
  5. mark_pdx

Hot water delay, installation questions for recirc pump

We just moved to a new home after 20 years in a home with a dedicated hot water return / recirculating pump system. This new home (built 2014) has no recirc system despite being 4300 sf in size, and I guess we were spoiled before, because waiting several minutes for hot water to show up in the...
  6. takedownca

Questions about Recirculating Pump vs Water Softener

Hello. I'm a new homeowner and am planning to install a timed or flow sensor-triggered recirculating pump at my water heater as well as sensor bypass valves under my kitchen and bathroom sinks. But I have lots of questions/concerns about how this will affect my water softener. I’ve attached a...
  7. jay surfs

PEX Manabloc 30 ft from water heater

Renovating 50 yo house. Second floor is gutted, most pipes are now accessible in the floor. My water heater closet is about 2ft square. Clearly too small for a pex manabloc. So can I mount a pex manabloc in the garage 30ft away from the water heater while useing a recirculating pump to prevent...
  8. Wade Johnson

Recirculating Hot Water Pump Question

First time posting here. I've spent quite a while searching through the forums for an answer, but haven't found exactly what I need. I am considering installing a recirculation pump to reduce the time and waste it currently requires to get hot water to the fixtures farthest from water heater...
  9. Kevin Bailey

Hot water recirculation pump on well

Hello All - I'm looking to install a timer based recirculation pump for my hot water lines. My design is below. A couple of things to note: The master bath and basement sink are the furthest fixtures from the WH The hot supply to the basement sink will be disconnected and used as the return...
  10. dstutz

Recirculation pump sizing

I am planning on replacing the polybutylene pipe in my house with PEX-A basically using Uponor's "Structured Plumbing" recommendations. I'd like to add an on-demand recirculation system while re-piping. I have a ranch house with everything on one level, the pipes run in the crawlspace under...
  11. LukePDX

Recirculation pump line length

I have a renovation of two 8x10 bathrooms on top of each other (8ft ceilings), serviced by one tank right next to lower bathroom. It's all conditioned space. I'm not 100% sure what the plumber plans, but I can't imagine a line longer than 32ft from the tank (probably the upstairs rain shower...
  12. Vern Lockwood

Recirculating hot water system

When the recirculating pump begins to run all of the showers drip profusely. The house is new and the builder replace all the valves for the showers but it still occurs wasting thousands of gallons of water.
  13. ProxyBox

Navien NPE-a series Remote Control How-to Video

I was able to integrate an RF remote to control the internal recirculation pump in the Navien NPE-a series tankless water heaters. I own the npe-180a. The video is for informational purposes only and I don't make any warranty assurances.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks