jet pump

1. dirtandlove

Replacing pump - what do you suggest?

Please see pics. The pump worked a lot longer that I expected. When we moved here last July the bottom was already largely destroyed by the rust. It finally stopped working. You hear the electricity engaging but the rotor does not move at all. It is 3/4 HP Sta Rite SND-L Projet. I thought I...
  2. R

Jet Pump Well cap/seal

Renovating an old home with a jet pump well. The well has no seal on it. I have called two different well companies, sent them this picture and they say no problem we can take care of that and they give me a price. Then before they come and do the service they call back and say they don't...
  3. Pkem

PEX for Well Pump intake line?

I have a 3/4 hp jet pump about 100 ft from a well point with 1 1/4" well pipe and a 1" polyethylene supple line to the pump. The supply line has a hole in it somewhere. I have been told I could run a 3/4" PEX line through the 1" polyethylene and it should work fine. I am concerned about over...
  4. LakeDwellerMN

Different pipe sizes coming from tank to rest of house

All, We had a new well pump and tank installed (1/2hp and 14gal horizontal tank) last year. At the time, the plumber was unable to source a 20gal tank in a reasonable amount of time. Plumber has since retired. (no longer likes to take calls regarding his work). The check valve he installed...
  5. JPWHIP

How do I shock chloride a 2" deep well with packer ?

Can I pour the chloride solution directly down though the casing adapter into the suction pipe ? My casing adapter is pretty rusty, really do not want to take it off. Just wondering if maybe I can add a "T" fitting to the return line as the jet pump is offset from the casing adapter - so that...
  6. BiancaM

Pump recommendations

We live off grid in the desert and have water brought in in trucks. We usually get about 600gallons per trip. We have 2 300gallon totes and they sit level with the house floor outside. We have freezing temps and snow and plan on building an enclosure for tanks and pump to avoid exploding the...
  7. PlumblessInSeattle

Check valve on Suction side of Pump

Qty 2 300 gallon water storage tanks serving the suction side of an above ground Jet pump. There is a check valve between the suction side of the pump and the storage tanks. I don't think the check valve should be there. The stored water is above the suction inlet side of the pump. Do you think...
  8. Jay B Soper

Air in pipes after non use, clears up after running awhile

Over night or after sitting awhile air gets in the lines and sometimes clears up after running awhile or sometimes loses prime. Pump struggles to reach shut off much of the time. When taking a shower the water after a few minutes the pressure drops off to nothing then after a short time comes...
  9. 6.7L_MegaCab

Can Pressure tanks be installed above a jet pump?

I just replaced a 15-year-old jet pump a couple weeks ago, then found out the old pressure tank is on its last leg. So I'm upgrading from a single 86 gallon tank to two 86 gallon tanks. Oddly enough, this was cheaper than a single 119-gallon tank that is not available anywhere locally. The pump...
  10. CountryRemodeller

Jet Pump Taking Forever to Prime but not losing pressure.

Hey there, TL;DR: my brand new jet pump has yet to build up to shut off pressure, we've changed the pump (including the injector) also changed the foot valve and some of the piping that goes to the well. There's lots of water in the well. Also checked the pipes that go down the well for...
  11. GAD

Mystery Jet Pump Pressure Issue

Hello all, I have an odd problem, I think. I live on a farm with two houses side-by-side (about 100 foot apart) that are supplied with water from a single Jet Pump located at House #1. This system has worked for 40+ years. The pump was replaced once during that time with other minor repairs over...
  12. tjstyphon

Need help with shallow well jet pump replacement

Our old pump is wearing out and won't build enough pressure to shut off, so it needs to be replaced. I would like to get more pressure than we have currently. My husband is deployed, his brother is willing to change the pump but doesn't know enough about them to recommend which one to get...
  13. BrianC73

Jet Pump Pressure Issue

I’m having a strange problem with a shallow well pump I recently installed. I also pulled and replaced the driven pipe and point. The pump primes right up to 50 PSI and will hold indefinitely. On the discharge side I have a 1” tee which transitions to a 3/4” PVC line which then is reduced down...
  14. GreggT

Weird jet pump install, losing pressure

I live in an old house with an old dug, stone-lined well that looks to be maybe 15' deep. This well was setup with a FloTec 4322 when we bought the place. I'm having trouble with the pump slowly losing pressure - the pump kicks on every ~30 minutes, and I've ruled out a house leak. The pump...
  15. AF2018

Manually get water from a well?

I have a jet pump in a well house located directly above where my well is dug (65' deep well) about 200' from my house. In an emergency, is there a way to retrofit/install some sort of manual hand pump in line with my current setup so that I could get water from my well if the power went out...
  16. Cortez123

Replacing deep well jet pump with higher horsepower

Hi all, first time post here. I can't seem to find this answer anywhere, but maybe I'm overthinking it. I have a 1/2 hp deep well jet pump (FE Myers HJ50D). Unfortunately, I don't know how deep the well is. The most pressure I can get is about 39psi and my pump can only supply about 4.5 gpm. I'd...
  17. Jeff Young

Two Wells on one Jet pump?

I think it's possible... I had asked a couple people on this idea... A tee at the pump, a valve on each intake, and two wells attached to one jet pump. Well 1 is hand-dug. Low recovery rate Well 2 is 60 feet. Neighbors have insufficient water to do laundry on our block. Hoping to get water...
  18. Jeff Young

Well intake problems... Air

We have connected a deeper well to our existing jet pump. We put the 1 inch poly line in the ground and after entering the basement I put it up on the joists above, then down to the pump at the far side of the house. After filling the pipe with a hose, it seemed to be working, but on the...
  19. Mindquake

Shallow Well Jet & CSV Kit Help!

Great info here. Glad I stumbled on it. Thanks to all!! I’ve got a 2400 gal. water storage tank as my water source. My issue pertains to pumping water from this storage tank up to the pump/pressure tank combo unit at the house 50-ft away. The intake line runs 3” underground, level for 50ft...
  20. gg113

Jet pump fails to hit pressure cutoff after heavy use : losing my mind

We bought a house with a driven point well 2 years ago, and have had flawless pressure until two weeks ago. During the use of our standby generator mid power outage, where we had a voltage spike and slight pressure surge at the sink during operation and i went down to make sure the pump was ok...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks