hydronic heating

1. Boilervent

18ft high curtain wall - trench heaters?

Working on a commercial lobby with curtain wall areas 18ft high. I wanted to use recessed forced flow floor heaters and radiant ceiling panels to combat the load (0.5MBH/ft / 0.48kW/m). Thoughts on this? I've read the trench heaters accumulate debris, the Arch wants something that is recessed as...
  2. Kengie

Hydronic Pipe Layout

Hi there, I am looking for some second opinion from the wonderful community here. Previously I was using an oil based boiler and recently converted to a Naiven combi boiler NCB240-130H with a 3 zone smart thermostat and aluminum fin baseboard. While looking at the primary loop of the pipe...
  3. antonvk

Can I use tankless water heater solely for radiant floor heating in Onario?

Good morning, I live in southern Ontario. One bathroom in my house, while has forced air supply, doesn't get enough heat (it is the farthest room from the furnace, and it only has a small duct, because there is no space in the crawl space walls to get the main duct that far). The room is 200 sq...
  4. zapps

Avoid combi-boiler short cycling with piping configuration?

I'm looking to replace my Rinnai tankless water heater that is used for hydronic heating (w/ wall-mount convectors) and domestic hot water. The system is open-loop so I want to use this opportunity to make it close-loop as well. Most of the contractors that came to estimate propose Navien combi...
  5. carriagehousereno

Designing a new hydronic system for my home, cast iron radiators and radiant floor?

So i'm about to disconnect my old Weil-McLain boiler and hook up a new Navien NCB 240 combo boiler which we've been using for DHW since January. I know, I've already been told elsewhere on here that the NCB 240 is overkill for the size of the house and may likely not work efficiently because...
  6. WGus

Stumped by no heat to new heater

My brain teaser is this: a 60 year old boiler heats 4 one-bedroom apartments and does a fine if inefficient job. However one bathroom has always been cold, so I added two 1/2 inch copper lines, supply line is about 15', to feed a new hydronic kickspace heater. All existing lines from manifolds...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks