bathroom remodel

1. shim

Accidentally cut off corner of 3 inch ABS fitting! Is it still good to use??

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I hope I can get some valuable feedback and advice from all of you. I am currently remodeling my washroom. I noticed that my toilet flange was broken and was causing my toilet to rock back and forth. I decided that I would replace the toilet flange...
  2. JCar915

DWV forced into place! I just want everyone's opinion on this!

So I am doing a job for a relative, older and to my surprise very stubborn about listening on how to do things correctly. He is 100% certain that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this mess and adamant that it will never leak, refuses to listen. I am conflicted on packing my shit and...
  3. Elkati

Remodel bathroom DWV help

Hello, Can someone explain a "Manometer Test" and a "Pressure Test" for a city plumbing permit? I'm replacing an alcove shower with new tile and a pre-formed shower base in the same location. I'm wondering if I'll need a plumber to do these tests for me. I'm stumped after reading about...
  4. OptimisticDIYer

Bathroom remodel and addition

Hi everyone. I’m new to this forum and DWV plumbing so sorry if I make a fool of myself. I am currently in the process of remodeling a bathroom and adding another in the finished attic. I will be removing the cast pipe and replacing with PVC. The space is pretty small so I had to get creative on...
  5. HandyGal

Which is better? Walk in tub or shower conversion?

My dad will be 80 soon and is visually impaired, but in good health so far. I was thinking of attempting a walk in tub install or putting in a walk in shower with a fold down seat at his place. Which is better and why? He's not a techy guy, so if there's a lot of controls to confuse him...
  6. Jeffs66

Bathroom Remodel in Wood Frame Condo Building

Hi All - I'm currently in the process of finding a contractor to complete a renovation of both of the bathrooms in my second floor condo. The units are all stacked in identical layouts and the ceilings drop approximately 1 foot in the bathroom which leads me to believe there may be some...
  7. jay surfs

Moving a toilet

Hello dudes. I live in Los Angeles County. I demoed my entire 2nd floor. The upstairs bathroom is directly above the first floor bath that is on a cement slab. I have been reading code and trying to come up with a workable new bath layout. My understanding is the toilet drain needs to be 3”...
  8. Terry

Reconfigure a bathroom, flipping the tub direction

Sometimes you work on an older home that's been plumbed a few times. Last year I had replaced a tub for the home one door down from this one. A 60's home with some cast and some ABS. The existing waste to the toilet had the wrong grade on it. We decided to flip the tub drain location, fix the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks