storage tank

1. JustAPriapism

Hoping for input in setting up controlled/constant temperature water storage and distribution

Hello vast peoples of the plumbing world, Im sure to some of you this will seem remedial, but I find myself at extent of my knowledge on this one, and hope some of you can shed some light for me. This is essentially an irrigation system that needs to have pressure/flow controlled, 72-74 degree...
  2. logjamjohn

Need help designing Trickle feed system for low yield well

My partner has a property with no well and has water delivered to a 3000 gallon tank for domestic water. She has a standard jet pump - pressure tank set up drawing water off the bottom of the tank to feed a household of 5 people. Her 80+ year old father lives next door with a low yield well (we...
  3. FYIman

Options for remote fill of air charge for bladder type storage tank

I've got a bladder type water storage tank (I think it's 30 gallon). It has an air/pressure valve (like a tire fill valve) on the top of the tank. The tank is located in a corner, with the water heater in front of it, and the furnace on the left of the storage tank. The wall/corner is behind...
  4. JeremyF559

Is it possible to fill a water storage tank and pressure tank from one well pump?

My current setup is my submersible pump fills our two pressure tanks and that runs the house and irrigation together. I’m wanting to install a water storage tank to separate the irrigation portion of our system. How can I set it up so the submersible pump fills the 3k storage tank as well as our...
  5. Jesse Salvatore

Low city water volume but good pressure

building a new (large) home. City water tap was already on lot. 3/4” poly pipe to meter only yields 6 gpm but 80 psi. Would cost thousands to bore and retap to larger line/meter and city pretty much tells me that no one else ever complained. What is the simplest way to buffer (store) water and...
  6. JeremyF559

Can I use PVC pipe to plumb from well head to storage tank?

I’m planning out a 3,000 gallon storage tank system on my property. The storage tank will have to be about 150 feet away from the well head due to HOA issues. We have a 3HP submersible Pump that pumps about 20GPM. Can I use PVC pipe for this job (it’ll be underground)? Or what type of piping can...
  7. JeremyF559

Does a booster pump need to be installed close to the storage tank?

I’m planning on installing a water storage system on our well. Our well head is in our front yard, our pressure tank, pressure switch, etc are about 75 feet away right next to the house. The only place to install a 3,000 gallon storage tank is in our field, approximently 200 feet away from the...
  8. Gary Q

First timer finishing a 350' well

I am a total newbie to wells. I bought property with a drilled and capped well. Well driller report shows 350' well with 20 gpm. There tends to be iron in the water and I need fire fighting water on property so I was thinking of putting in a storage tank which, from what I have been told...
  9. ddbuster

Well Storage Tank Replacement / Booster Pump / Cycle Stop?

Looking for some advise Current storage tank needs to be replaced. 4 BR two story, water comes into house from basement. Wife has also complained for years about low water pressure especially upstairs in the shower, also takes forever for hot water to make it up two floors Have been thinking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks