freeze

1. Jimmy38

PTAC Unit E1 (Freeze Protection) Keeps Kicking On

Hi All, I have two Simon-Aire model SSK818H-TP's that were installed about 5 years ago. Last year, the condenser fan blades broke in both units around the same time, so I had them replaced. Since the blades were replaced, in cool mode, the compressors in both units will kick on for a few...
  2. FPRSATX

Well House or no Well House

I live in south TX. We rarely have a bad freeze but last year was brutal. Lots of busted pipes at the well. Considering building a well house. First, question ... I have a poly 3000gal cistern. I've never seen one enclosed in a structure I guess for obvious reasons. But was thinking of a...
  3. Dan Piano

Hot Water in a dog barn

We have been carrying buckets of hot water down from our house to our kennel with 40 sled dogs for ten years. The time has come to bring water to the barn. The building is 12x24 well insulated and will be used on a daily basis. I built this last fall and heated it through the winter with a...
  4. Tygerant

American Standard Duel Flush how to winterize

We have American Standard duel flush which have worked well in our home and have another one I want to install where is has to be winterized 5-6 months out of the year. Normally we turn off water drain tank by flushing then remove more from tank with suction tube (kids water squirt gun) then add...
  5. Gage Foley

New Half Bathroom Vent - Through Exterior Wall?

I live in Massachusetts and recently installed a half bath on my first floor. The main vent is on the other side of the home. I ran a wet vent from the toilet and exited the vent through an exterior wall. It is currently stubbed out, planning to run 2" PVC up outside of the house, above the roof...
  6. Brady Grant

Water Line Freeze Protection (Commercial)

3/4" Domestic Water line is running along a Building Relief Damper. This Relief damper modulates open / close to maintain a building static pressure. This makes the water line exposed to really cold weather in the winter time. Mechanical Failure of the dampers can bring even more cold air...
  7. Foxwaves

Preventing freezing of an exposed section of sewage ejector discharge line...

I have to run a discharge line from a sewage ejector to a septic tank. About 20' of this is vertically up a stone bluff and I'm looking for freeze-prevention ideas? And advice? I'm hoping to avoid building an insulated box, but not sure what would be best. I don't think heat tape or that sort of...
  8. Tyson M

Outdoor tankless okay to install in crawl space?

I'm looking into getting a Takagi outdoor tankless unit and I'm thinking about installing in my crawl space. The crawl space is conditioned but the access to it is outside, so temps can get pretty cold down there. I wanted to do an outdoor unit to eliminate the existing venting up into the attic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks