cpvc

1. AlBundy

Shutoff Valve for CPVC to PEX

Since I am hearing PEX is the plumbing of choice these days I am thinking of converting some of the CPVC into PEX as I'm in the process of a bath remodel. This is all DIY not professional at all. I need to install shut off valves in crawl space as I am doing the remodel in phases so I won't be...
  2. Guy232

Does my plan to replace CPVC stop valves/supply tubes sound correct?

Hey fellas, I lurk this site quite a bit over the years and finally wanted to make an account. I have done some research and was wondering if anyone could double check if this is correct? Parents home: Manufactured double wide on a slab foundation, approx 15 years old Well water w/ properly...
  3. BenRVT

Joining Copper pipe PVC/CPVC

Today I saw a 1.25 inch (inner diameter) FPT X FPT PVC coupling joining two sections of copper pipe. I know typically if your going to join copper and PVC (with threads) you should use male PVC and female copper. I've never seed one PVC coupling joining to copper pipes. Is this allowed, or is...
  4. David Prickett

CPVC pipe to Hose bib temporary plug

My house hose bib busted off 1/2" CPVC. (I not that great at DIY but I need to save from being gouged). The pipe broke where there's a fitting over it. So, I can't just glue on a cap. It's bigger than 1/2 and less than the next size up. Is there any easy plug out there that will hold for a...
  5. LawdElpus

CPVC for venting EXHAUST oh no you didn't!

4 story condo. Built in 2005. All the exhaust vents for WH and Furnace are CPVC and some are turning brown. WH installer refused to hook up new one until the CPVC gets replaced. It sounds like even PVC will be a no-no soon. 2 families are suing over CO deaths attributed to CPVC. We have to RIP...
  6. jemu

CPVC dilemma, should I repipe?

I was having a bathtub replaced in a rental property. The plumbing is CPVC, approximately 15 years old (put in before I bought the place). Pipe do not appear to be brittle when I touch them. I've never had any leaks at this house. I'm in Florida so the pipes don't get exposed to extreme cold...
  7. Travis Rogers

Mixing plastics for water supply – poor form?

I am methodically replacing aging copper supply pipes with plastic as we renovate the house. Question: Is it poor form to mix CPVC and PEX? Is a home inspector going to mark it up when we sell the house? Code seems to be okay with it. MY OCD doesn't love the idea but my practicality does. I'd...
  8. bud6

CPVC installation concerns

Howdy, I’ve been doing my fair share of forum reading and researching and have a few questions/concerns about our houses CPVC plumbing. We recently bought our first house (built in 1961) which had some work done on it. The original copper for 2 bathrooms still remains; however, the basement...
  9. Bluelight

How good are Sharkbites for CPVC

Hi all, I have a house built in 2005 that has a bunch of those crappy Accor technology shutoff valves. I have one that needs replacing right now but I am going to end up replacing them all eventually. I can remove the Accor valves but my question is about the replacements. My options seem to...
  10. Henry Ramsey

Question about costs to replace galvanized with CPVC for hot water

I'm in Houston area. I am elected President and de facto property manager of a small 30 unit condominium community the buildings of which were originally built in about 1971. We have the whole gambit of construction issues from that era including aluminum wire, FPE breakers, cast iron...
  11. Henry Ramsey

CPVC in ceiling

Just a fast question. I posted a photo. Is this too much flex on this piece of CPVC for hot water? It is in a living room ceiling. I'm the President of the HOA and have replaced this length of galvanized pipe with new CPVC. So far no other issues, but before we have the ceiling buttoned up...
  12. Alexandra Untied

Plumbing Pipes

Hi everyone! I am a senior Managerial Marketing student at Kent State University. For my senior project, I am collecting insight from plumbers like you on plumbing pipes. I will then analyze these results and present a solution and marketing campaign based on your feedback. If you could please...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks