wet vent

1. F

Question re wet venting on 100+ year old home

Hi all. Does this setup look feasible? I have an old home so am stuck with the layout. Main question is whether the 3" wet vent pipe connection between shower and toilet branches should connect to horizontal branch at 90 degrees. I am leaning that way since it's a wet vent. I am trying to go to...
  2. R

Wet Venting to Main Stack

Hi all! I am planning on installing a bathroom in my basement, I live in Maine (IPC code, I think). I have easy access to the main stack to the septic system but venting the drains (one vent for a up flush toilet, one vent for a up flush sink, one vent for a large bathtub) is going to be...
  3. Ponti

Help needed drain tiny bathroom

Hello everyone, I’m currently in the process of transforming a closet into a small bathroom (approximately 36”x6’) and could really use some expert advice on the drain layout. I’ve attached a layout picture for reference, but I’m unsure if the proposed configuration makes sense. Specifically...
  4. D

Advice on a Wet Vent

Hi All, I am undertaking a bathroom renovation. (1 WC, 1 Lav and 1 Tub.) My intention is to move the Lav to the opposite side of the room. Bathroom is basically down to the studs now. Looks like all cast iron plumbing and vent (house is 1890). As it stand the WC drains directly to the soil...
  5. jpap

Is this a siphon trap?

I'm planning a remodel underneath two bathrooms (photo is looking at the upper bathrooms from below). It looks like tub trap arm is wet vented by a 2" wye going straight up to the lav above. That lav has a 1-1/2" dry vent on the upper level (and no other fixtures on the same 1-1/2" dry vent)...
  6. C

Moving Washing Machine Drain Question

I've been wanting to move my washing machine drain and supply lines for a while and thought I might be able to take advantage of a water damage situation in the bathroom that shares a wall. Drywall in the bathroom is partially removed, exposing all the plumbing in the shared wall. I could...
  7. JonBodd

Wet venting through a stack under UPC

In the picture below, can the tub/shower and toilet be wet vented through the vanity drain after entering the stack? This is under UPC in CT. Thanks!
  8. T

Will this wet vent setup work?

I am redoing a bathroom and am moving fixtures around. I'm wet venting the bathroom group, but just wanted to run the diagram by those who would know better than I to make sure that it is correct. Upstream of this bathroom group is another bathroom that is separately vented.
  9. Kamil

Wet venting a toilet with vanity

Hello everybody I have a question regarding a wet venting a toilet with a vanity drain. I would like to know which option is better in the attached sketch option a or option b for going vertical to horizontal. I can not put a long sweep 90 as I have a structural timber in the way. Would...
  10. DeRun

Need Help! Adding Shower to Basement Half - Drain and venting

Hi. Noobie here and thanks for the add! I'm a DIYer and want to add a shower to the half bath in basement. Not sure how to add drain line and vent. Please see pic attached. Red arrows show toilet and sink drain direction under slab. The blue circle shows where the copper vent meets slab...
  11. Oldtimm

Venting a basement shower remodel

Hello all, In the process of a remodel and I'm trying to wrap my head around how to vent the shower. The way I see it, I have two options based on where everything needs to be. Option A (red lines are my proposed runs): Option B: The shower trap will be too close to the wall to fork off of...
  12. Mim80

Two bathroom groups, is this correct?

Hello, I am renovating my home by adding back-to-back bathrooms on the second floor. I have asked a plumber to do the plumbing. He came one afternoon and then he disappeared (after the first payment), and now I cannot find him :( . I am thinking to finish the job myself but I am worrying that he...
  13. Bshmstr

Best Option for Laundry Drain Tie In?

I am in the process of adding a washer and dryer on the second floor of my two story home. They will be located on the other side of the wall from a bathroom group (tub/shower, toilet, and lavatory) so I have relatively good access for routing the drains and supply lines. My question is what is...
  14. LetMeVent

Help Venting Freestanding Tub

We are currently undergoing a master bath remodel, and want to confirm my plan for venting the new freestanding tub. The previous bathroom configuration had a corner whirlpool tub framed to abut a single vanity along each side, and the tub drain was wet vented to the lav in the vanity along the...
  15. Toffees3

Design Review - Plumbing Isometric for Home Re-Drain

Hello All, I am designing and will soon be working on a home Re-Drain Project. - Located in Tampa FL. - Code is 2020 Florida Building Code, so IBC / IPC 2020. - Re Drain project is adding a new main sanitary line outside of house to minimize trenching inside. - All PVC for new work. Looking...
  16. Johnny_Fear

Attaching utility pump to odd stack

Just had this amazing stack: Replaced with this somewhat less amazing version: I guess I have 3 questions: The new setup now has the lav (kitchen) wet(?) venting into the drain line for lavs 1 & 2 on level 2. From reading it seems like that's not per code, is it? (I think Indiana is...
  17. JoeNW

Help Needed: Bathroom Plumbing Layout

Hi Everyone, I'm remodeling my old house and am not a plumber. I've read on the forums and tried to make sense of the code check book. Of all the trades I've had to do during this remodel - plumbing is the hardest and I have lots of respect for the problems that plumbing professionals solve...
  18. puddi

Wet vent question

Suppose a shower and a sink are the only two fixtures connected to a vertical 2" pipe that serves as both drain and vent. The sink trap arm attaches to the 2" pipe above the shower trap arm, so the section between the two inflows is technically a wet vent section. According to 908.1.1 (size)...
  19. puddi

Wet vent vs. Dry vent UPC question

Hi I'm in California, and Sec. 905.2 says that a vent pipe connecting to a horizontal waste pipe must have its entry point above the centerline of the waste pipe. However.. there's no such requirement for a connecting waste pipe. So, what if the connecting pipe is a wet vent? If it's...
  20. farmerisland

Fixing improper venting, old house

Hello, This is an update/new question from my last post. My home has old all copper DWV from 1960 and earlier, with even older cast iron at basement level-down, that I'm replacing with PVC. Plumbing noise isn't an issue; I really don't want to do expensive cast. The current copper has pinholing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks