plumber

1. W

PEX or Copper for cold climate?

When doing plumbing projects in cold climates such as Anchorage, Alaska, which type of pipe is more resilient to the cold? This article from a local Anchorage plumbing company talks a good bit about the differences between Copper and PEX, but also states that they are both vulnerable in the...
  2. Tracey J Brown

Costs of tapping into City Water

Hello- We just purchased a new construction 3000 sq. ft. 4 bedroom, 4 bath home with a well and septic. The well has had some issues with high coliform and in the past tested positive for E.coli. It's been flushed a few times and is now negative, but because it shows other high levels, nitrates...
  3. DIYERing

Can I move my P-trap? It’s not centered to waterline and drain

after 36yrs I’m finally replacing my main floor room vanity. Unfortunately the p-trap is situated to the left of the wall and its height is exactly the height of the cupboard bottom. I don’t want to have to cut the entire length of my vanity to accommodate the p trap, as it might impact the...
  4. Agastya

Plumbing Company Names

Plumbing Company Names Plumbing company is now one of the highest revenue generator company. Water is omnipresent we all know but at the same time whenever there is a drainage or water related problem plumber is also there. Yes, that’s true and that’s why plumbing is now on boom. Many of you...
  5. EdibleMarble

Re-prime and re-glue a fitting?

Hi, Relatively new DIYer here looking for some help. I was setting up drains in my vanity earlier when I slightly knocked the main drain coming up from the floor, and I felt it pop out. Sure enough one of the fittings came loose. I had primed and glued it myself so I know it never should have...
  6. BigAlexS

Boiler pressure keeps going up

Hi It's been ten years since I had my Valiant combi boiler looked at, it had been working perfectly fine, but I thought now is the time to get it serviced... big mistake.... A young gentleman came around to look at it. The first thing he did was remove the vertical pipe cover, and bashed one...
  7. Seattle Homeowner

Toilet Issues with low flow Toto toilet

I have a low flow model Toto toilet that I'm having issues with and I'm hoping someone can help. Our house was vacant for 3 months, during which time we turned off our water. When we got back, the toilet upstairs started flushing a little slow, and wasn't quite filling up the bowl after...
  8. Terry

Fired for hiring a black plumber

Fired for hiring a black plumber Sounds strange doesn't it in this day and age. Though I did grow up in the 60's during my high school years and saw plenty of news about civil rights, opening schools to all races in the South. Busing to integrate neighborhoods, and a lot of news about the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks