valve

1. T

Need help identifying shower diverter valve

Helping a friend with a failed diverted valve in a home built in 1937. Tried to find some matches at Home Depot but had no luck. Would love some help! Thanks! Counting 18 teeth on the stem.
  2. N

Price Pfister USA Rough-In Valve

I'm trying to determine what application this style valve would be used in. The only markings are Price Pfister USA 23083.
  3. T

Need Help Identifying Root Cause Of Valve Issue

I’m trying to figure out what could possibly cause what appears to be a strange reaction inside a newer shower valve. I have a Kohler valve that is about 1.5 years old. Got around to replacing the cartridge but the cause seems to be some build up around the valve that shifted the o rings. Had...
  4. solidcell

Help identifying a supply shut off valve

I was shutting off the water supply via the shut-off valves shown (circled in red) in order to replace the shower valve cartridge. However, they're in pretty bad shape and leaking a bit as I was turning them to the off position. I need to find replacement stems for them, but I'm not sure how to...
  5. S

1” or 1.25” valve - conflicting info.

Hi, the water line in my house is 1.25” after the pressure regulator (Larger from the street). For what it’s worth, the water heater is 1”. The house has 4.5 bathrooms. 2 people unless we have guest. I’m planning to buy go with a clack softener. My understanding from UPC is that I should use a...
  6. Mjmonty75

Mysterious Diverter Valve Issue: Shower Diverter Keeps Moving to Closed Position

Hello, I am having an issue with my shower and I was hoping to get some advice on what could be causing it. Every morning, I make sure to push down the diverter valve after turning off the shower valve. However, lately I have been noticing that the diverter valve is being found in the closed...
  7. 729zoom

Pipes protruding past front of wall studs 1/8"

I just discovered the pipes run to the tub/shower valve stick out past the studs below the valve and above the valve before the pipe goes back more inside the wall cavity about 1' up. If the tile guy was planning to use backerboard, I believe this would pose a problem but if he floats the wall...
  8. Phantomracer

Symmons shower/tub valve - low volume and little hot water

Having an issue with the Symmons shower/tub valve (shocking I know) . The volume of water/pressure is low, and the temp does not get very hot. The diverter (ta-25a) was stuck, so I removed it. it is working now (unrelated but I wanted it fixed) Removing the shower head, the volume of water...
  9. jackieonly43

Moen, Unknown shower brand...

No make or model... its a single handle. I already removed handle and was able to unscrew the back plate, but don't know what to do next. I tried pulling it, but without more knowledge I didn't want to force it. Any ideas what to do next?
  10. Reesa

MOEN shower valve identification

I have been working on this shower for a long time and am completely stuck on the purchase of a new faucet/trim kit. I threw away the old hardware already which I will never ever do again. Please help. Is this the MOEN 2400? I have already purchased a 1200 replacement cartridge that I think...
  11. Whitall

Another Moen retaining clip thread!

Hoping a new post brings fresh ideas. I have a 25 year old Moen positemp bathtub /shower faucet. It's been dripping for years so I finally decided to tackle it. I had waited because there's no shut off valve and I was afraid to shut off the whole house in case I screwed it up. Got my cartridge...
  12. Shinysquid

Need to replace a valve on a short PEX pipe- any hope to DIY?

Hello - I found an issue with my water intake valve where there is a drip from the valve when the water is on. It drips from the right most side of the valve where there is a horizontal line/cutout. The valve seems to be one solid piece with no removable parts so I think my only fix for this is...
  13. NomicEnvy

M-Core, Does twin ell replace valve separation specs for no stacking leak?

Hello, longtime lurker here with my first post! I'm a DIYer plumbing a tub/shower with Moen m-core parts. I had intended to follow the layout in the first image from Moen's online design guide, which caps the shower port and includes a twin ell. However, the instructions with my mixing valve...
  14. Selina

Change these Delta valves

I need to swap these valves out but am not confident in the approach. I've replaced sink valves before.
  15. Eclecticmn

What valves to use for hot water cast iron radiators?

I have a hot water cast iron radiator system. It has separate supply and return pipes. My kitchen had slant fins that never got warm. I do not want to rehash that issue. The kitchen had not seen heat since at least before 1998 I recently learned. In a desperation to troubleshoot I cut the 3/4...
  16. Timothy Miller

AAV Location or placement under Kitchen sink?

In this situation, is the current location of the P Trap in relation to the AAV valve correct, or must the P-trap be below the base of the drain pipe?
  17. Letsfixit

Shower Valve knocks and turns off water to a dribble HL - 40

I have a glacier bay HL-40 shower valve that started acting up. (i assumed it was the valve) When I turn it from cold to hot it starts off fine and then at a certain point *clunk* it makes a clunk noise cutting off the flow of water and dribbling water out. I replaced the valve. Same issue...
  18. EddyEddy

Valve hammering

I have a five valve irrigation system. Four of the five work perfectly. One, when it "turns on" (in sequence, it is the third zone of the five) knocks/hammers unstoppingly until I shut off the zone. Since the system is at least 15 years old, I suspect that particular valve is the problem. I can...
  19. Jianan

Moentrol, Valve identification help!

Will someone please kindly help me identify this shower/tub valve?
  20. Alfina Shaikh

Plug Valve for Bathroom

Hello everybody, Hope you all are going well. I have a metal plug valve and I wants to use it in my bathroom. Is it possible to use it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks